Thursday, March 6, 2014

Lenten Journey Day 2


The Daniel Plan Journal has a space to fill in my height (easy enough), weight (who wants to do that?), BMI, waist and hip measurements. I have been dragging my feet on filling in the blanks. But today I stood on the scale, OUCH, and took down my measurements. Just as I knew all along, I need to lose 30 pounds.

I am not a being good steward of my one and only body that God gave me and I’m not being a good steward to my health insurance by being overweight.  Every day I read about how being overweight sets me up for health issues down the road.

The first day went well with my eating and I jumped on the exercise bike for 20 minutes at lunch. It will be a journey of one day at a time.

Dear God, I can’t do this alone. Please be with me and help me to make the decisions that will get the extra 30 pounds off, so I will have more energy to do your will. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment