Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Haunted



A few days ago, a new picture was placed at the end of the hallway near my office. It looks like a window with six panes. It haunts me. Each time I look at it I am reminded of domestic abuse and the hurt of being abused. I see it every morning when I arrive at my office and each time I walk out of the office door.



I am haunted by it. But surprisingly, most people walk right by it and never notice. I have pointed it out to several people and they say, “oh yea, now I see what you mean but I didn’t notice it before you pointed it out to me.” How often do we pass by and not notice? It’s not our problem, right?

My prayer is that more groups and individuals will see the picture and chose to not walk by but to do something to help women find their voices. 

Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, when it is in your power to act. Proverbs 3:27




 

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful Cindy. I'm so glad someone stopped! Now I'm so glad that you are stopping also to help others.

    ReplyDelete