Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Growing My Relationship with God


Last week I did some soul searching to come up with a mission statement for me. What do I value in life? What is important to me? Once I wrote down three things to focus on, I begin to write out how I would discipline myself to keep these things important. How can I live what I believe? My first focus is on growing a closer relationship with God so that my actions show others the goodness of God. How will I develop a relationship with God? One practice I came up with is following St. Ignatius of Loyola's Examen. I put an alarm on my phone to go off at 8:30 p.m. and with the message "How was your day? What are you grateful for? It went off last night for the first time just as my husband and I were finishing up picking up some supplies at the store. It generated a conversation between us about what had been good about the day and what we were grateful for. How can you set little reminders throughout the day to help you grow your relationship with God?

No comments:

Post a Comment