Thursday, May 19, 2016

Removing the Masks

For a big part of my life I have been hiding behind masks. I hide behind masks because I am a people pleaser and I want everyone to love me. I also hide behind masks because I have been deeply hurt by events in my life.

A few years ago I got tired of wearing masks so I decided to start taking them off. I spent time digging underneath the reasons for wearing the masks. This process has not happened overnight but has been a journey of discovery. We often wonder why but we never take the time to journey inside.  I recommend this beautiful pilgrimage of finding your True Self.

Some times I might put a mask back on. But now I am aware when I put it on. I spend time reflecting about why I had the need to hide behind the mask. The wisdom from removing the masks and acknowledging when I put one back on has helped me to grow my relationship with God and with others.

What masks are you wearing? What would it feel like to begin to take them off and discover your True Self?


No comments:

Post a Comment